Sunday, June 10, 2012

getting back to work


I'm having a hard time loving some things lately.

(Like the fact that I'm turning 26 in 2 weeks. But lets not talk about that.)

And the fact that I have a very post-partum body right now. And it ain't pretty.

Actually, what I'm hating more than the sagginess and bagginess, is the crazy hormone ride. That's one of the great things about pregnancy - 9 months of high, happy levels of progesterone that keep me feeling pretty level headed and happy. Post partum hormone fluctuations and mood swings are not my (or Matt's) friends. They kind of make everything else seem a lot worse than they probably are.

Anyway. I'm back to hitting the treadmill. I started two weeks ago. An hour a day of running/brisk walks and strength training with free weights in the mornings and family walks outdoors at night. It's harder to make changes with the diet, because I'm working at pumping as much milk as I can to feed my ornery (but oh so stinkin' cute) son who refuses to nurse, so I can't really afford to go on a low calorie diet. But I'm making healthy choices, eating lots of fruit and veggies, cutting back on sugar and snacks, etc.

I feel awesome, but I am really disappointed because in 2 weeks of tiring workouts and eating right I've lost one stupid pound. Like, what the heck body? I know you're not a teenager anymore but you should still be able to drop pounds with hard work, right?

I'm trying to make my motivation for working out and eating right about feeling good and being healthy, not about appearances. I feel good when I work out every day, so I have no plans on quitting.

But it's still frustrating. Gosh darn it!




No comments:

Post a Comment